PgCert intro

September 11, 2015 in PGcert

I focus on enterprise and employability skills development, particularly presentation skills, and also how this is supported by digital learning.

I am interested in how we can enhance the student experience across the colleges, by embedding employability skills in the curriculum and how this improves opportunities for students.

In my role as part-time digital communications manager for Careers and Employability, I look at how we can use digital to help students learn employability skills. I’ve produced a series of short films for our website that focus on developing practical skills for students, such as how to kick start a project or how to find work.

I am also an Associate Lecturer. A key area of my work with students is around presentation skills. I did a Teaching and Professional Fellowship at UAL to research the most effective ways to teach students presentation skills, where we trialled different methods of teaching presentation skills. I have worked with staff and students to design and deliver training to embed in the curriculum, piloting this with the Film and TV BA at LCC in the Introduction to Study in Higher Education unit. I run workshops with students across all six colleges. I’ve also produced practical films which demonstrate to staff how to teach presentation skills workshops.

I want to develop a deeper understanding of how to teach employability skills consistently across courses, and how to support this digitally. I would like to understand student needs and how digital learning impacts on the learning experience for students at UAL.

I also want to develop my skills and knowledge around creating online courses, models of curriculum design, academic practice, and how best to teach and engage students.