You are browsing the archive for liveproject.

DAY 3 – LIVE PROJECT

February 8, 2017 in Uncategorized

The live project studio have split up into two teams, turning the brief into an internal competition within the group. One of the teams is looking into using the existing ping pong tables as a space to exhibit work but also to play tournaments and turn the degree show into a very interactive experience. Team voice Jake Sherwood sees this as a “Pie chart where 70 percent of the design goes towards displaying work and the remaining 30 percent towards the interactive ping pong games.” They have split up into 3 teams and have been testing demountable and transformable structures. Acknowledging that Ping Pong is a sport that takes up more space than one would imagine, this team is facing a number of constraints in terms of spatial arrangement. Their main concern is achieving the optimal mobility and the structure must easily switch from work to play.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The second team is designing a multiple arch structure that encapsulates revolving mechanisms, similar to revolving doors. These systems will allow large drawings to spin around and to therefore be perceived from different angles.

DAY 2 – LIVE PROJECT

February 7, 2017 in Uncategorized

Yesterday, Studio 2 further developed the chosen joints and picked the joint that they would use on the overall structure. They also finalised how the overall pavilion would look, moving away from the circular ping pong table due to space constraints. The ping pong table became integrated with the “bleachers” rather than being separate and a folding concept was developed in order to display the work when the table wasn’t in use. Multiple moving joints were developed to be a part of this folding concept. It was also decided that heavily graphic work would be printed onto the ping pong table top.


 

DAY 1 – LIVE PROJECT

February 6, 2017 in Uncategorized

CROYDON LIVE PROJECT

This studio’s design is not based on a studio brief but on a live project in Croydon all students of stage 3 have worked on in October.

img_0944

They focus on implementing the most obvious aesthetic elements of Croydon’s Fairfield halls into their design. They have been exploring a multitude of different joint structures. These either relate to the the Croydon project or are simply practical in terms of exhibiting large competition boards. Ideally, they will incorporate both of these characteristics.

 

Skip to toolbar