by

Participatory Design

November 23, 2016 in uncategorised

Participatory Design 

More familiar term would be co-operative design, collaborative design, or simply co-design. It seems like almost every companies in the market consistently emphasise the importance of collaborative design as the key driving force for the innovation since customers no longer just buy the brands but rather be part of the brand. Customers now wants to actively communicate and be culturally engaged with brands while seeking for unique brand experiences through products or services. For this reason, it is important for companies to pay more attention to customer insights through various open innovation activities.

“Open innovation is a paradigm that assumes that firms can and should use external ideas as well as internal ideas, and internal and external paths to market, as the firms look to advance their technology”. (Henry William Chesbrough)

From this week’s lecture I have learned that open innovation can be collaboratively designed in many ways:

screen-shot-2017-01-07-at-15-05-12

I believe that we all have great ideas to make positive changes and impacts to our world. In order to have great ideas, I think we first need to have many good ideas to build upon. Many good ideas will be generated when people have more freedom and supports to actively challenge, collaborate, and communicate with each other. I hope the future of our generation will be lead by creative individuals who are determined to continuously collaborate and learn from each other. Therefore, there is no doubt that the end users of products and service will play more significant roles in the future design.

[FUN|DMC]