BJÖRK DIGITAL

October 21, 2016 in IID

We went to see the Björk digital exhibition at Somerset House.

The exhibition consisted of various interactive videos and displays of her musical work combined with a 3D graphical film to match.

“I’m self-sufficient. I spend a lot of time on my own and I shut off quite easily. When I communicate, I communicate 900 percent; then I shut off, which scares people sometimes.” – Björk.

14 15

During the exhibition you were taken round in groups into different rooms where everyone would put on the video goggles and headphones. The goggles worked in a way that when you move around you can see the whole scene as if you were there, when the people move around you can move with them. It makes it seem as though you are there in person; the camera is from your point of view and you can choose what you look at. At the very beginning and very end of the exhibition there were screens that you watched in a room like a normal movie theatre.

3000I really liked the way everything was set up and think that it was a great way to get involved. It made me think about all the things you could achieve and the endless possibilities you have when creating something digital and interactive. It doesn’t have to always be kept simple.